A7/A7R Light leaks reported + White Orbs issue?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 15,598Gear list
Like?
Re: A7 No White Orbs issue?
In reply to robert1955, 10 months ago

robert1955 wrote:

From the linked thread a gather that some [but not all] users can reproduce a flare like issue with colored [blue and or green) circles appearing near an intense (blown out?) light source (street light, sun). As far as I've seen it has so far not been observed with the A7r, leading to speculation that it may have to do with differences in the sensor stack.

It seems different IMO from the white orbs seen with some Fuji Xtrans sensors which was a form of blooming. That AFAIK has not been shown with the Sony.

captura wrote:

Re: White Orbs issue now on Sony A7?

• continued from "Problem with Sony A7, reflections on the sensor."

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53072031

Fuji X10 issue re-visited?

Well this guy reported it with his A7, and the question is, was the only one, or are there others, and how many? Strangely the thread was cut short after less than 100 messages: What's going on?

Steve

========================

Problem with Sony A7, reflections on the sensor. 1 week ago

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52986111

"Sorry for my English! Sony A7 has this serious problem, you can also check it by clicking F8 to F22. We must point out the problem to Sony who can help me?"

Thanks

-- hide signature --

hide signature --

A7 + (adapter Voigtlander) Leica M 21 SEM asph @F11

View: original size

A7 + Sony-Zeiss FE 35 F2.8 @F11

Sony Alpha 7 If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback for

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow