Started Feb 7, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Sean Nelson
Forum ProPosts: 11,216
Like?
Re: To replace still, you need to address these:
In reply to G1Houston, Feb 8, 2014

G1Houston wrote:

But if those new capabilities make it possible to capture terrific images that you'd otherwise miss, then my own personal opinion is that you'd have to be a bit of a Luddite to shun them.

Keep in mind that as videos get better, the still will get better too and shooting stills will always be easier without the "middle man" (e.g., frame grabber) and the hassle to go through way too many images.

I don't understand this argument about "too many images" that I keep seeing.   You don't have to leave the camera running continuously.   You squeeze the trigger and capture a second or two of those particular moments you think are going to make a worthwhile image.   It's really not that much different to flip through those images than it is to pick the right image from a burst or from a card full of stills that were captured individually.   Nobody's saying you have to capture every shot using a video burst, but there are some times where I think it could be a useful tool.  There are lots of tools on modern cameras such as burst mode, exposure or focus bracketing, etc, but I certainly don't use all of them all of the time.

What do you think about Nikon's Motion snapshot in their 1 camera system? ...when you pair that sensor with Nikon 200/2 or 300/4 telephoto lens, it makes a formidable package when used in combination with motionsnap shot to capture actions. How does it work?

I've never tried the Nikon 1 so I can't comment.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow