EM-1 uses Panasonic sensor per Chipworks

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
highwave
Senior MemberPosts: 1,041Gear list
Like?
Re: EM-1 uses Panasonic sensor per Chipworks
In reply to madzazulu, 10 months ago

Nice thread guys. I'm learning a ton here.

Thanks for posting this madzazulu. Also, thanks exdeejjjaaa and michsh6 and others for the fruitful posts.

For those posting "does it improve your photography?" comments, don't mean to be rude but there are plenty of other threads for you to read. Leave this one for those of us interested in such topic.

My take on this: I'm really shocked Panasonic was apparently able to bridge the gap to Sony. I don't know if they really did or if they licensed the technology. Either way this is very good news. It means Sony will not dominate the sensor market. The big question mark remaining is how come Canon was never able to release competitive sensors? Also, where does this put Toshiba and its sensor for Nikons? is Sony outsourcing their tech to everyone or did everyone bridge the gap (except Canon)?

highwave's gear list:highwave's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow