beginner camera selection. A77/60D/600D(t3i)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Fanatic303
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
beginner camera selection. A77/60D/600D(t3i)
7 months ago

I've been comparing cameras for quite while now, but due to my inexperience, I haven't come to a conclusion. I'll be using whichever camera I get mainly for the purpose of making narrative short films, in an effort to get into a school that caught my eye a while back. More than likely, ill purchase a used 60D or Sony A77. Then again, for a close price tag, I think I could get two t3i's and have more flexibility. I haven't mad a choice yet because I've always assumed that Sony had inferior glass and compatibility with other lenses, is this true?. Would hacking(magic lantern) the canon models make them better than the A77?

I realize that is a very open ended question, and that there's a lot of factors that could be taken into consideration,but I'm looking for the most affordable and functional setup that'll yield some quality video. Any suggestions?

Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Canon EOS 60D Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow