Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Graham Sp
Contributing MemberPosts: 613
Like?
Which 2nd body to go with my D600
6 months ago

Having more or less come to the conclusion you cant get from 28 to 200mm (24MP FX) in one lens I am wondering which body to get to replace my D7000 that lacks a little dynamic range, focal length dependant min shutter speed and fast enough auto ISO ( I only dare set 400 as no 500 or 560 options). The main idea being to have the option to carry two cameras and not often need to change the lens.

So the question is should get a Df, I guess the 16MP is less demanding on the lens? and high ISO does interest me. I do not need two 24MP cameras. Personally I like the limited AF area as per the D600.

Or get a D7100, it seems a useful step on from the D7000 and fairly cheap so can save up for any new models after more quickly (ideally a mix of a Df and a D600, or a 20MP DX built to a D300 quality ).

Or get a D800, I do not really want all those pixels that may be too many for my computer, although I guess the body will be nicer to grip being taller. Will this camera just show up the imperfections all zoom lens have?

Being interest in landscape tele shots, having a sigma 400mm prime and a sigma x1.4, which body might best improve the amount reach / cropability?, would the Df tolerate a x1.7 converter better.

I am against getting a D610 mainly as other models will add something extra I feel, hopefully a few of you can tell me what those might be before I spend any money.

-- hide signature --

Graham
www.spinney.biz

Leica X1 Nikon D300 Nikon D600 Nikon D610 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Nikon D800 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow