Price for 70D

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
needmoretoys
Regular MemberPosts: 398Gear list
Like?
Re: Price for 70D
In reply to Bedspringlex, 6 months ago

Bedspringlex wrote:

Two days ago I had my local Best Buy match Gearshop dpreview's store price of $1299. (for the Canon 70d 18-135) Customer service stated a couple of places that they match only. It happens that this web site is an Amazon service so since I had to sign in using my Amazon I.D. they matched it. I would remind you though I had forgotten the tax difference. If I had bought the camera online there would have been no taxes( $78) with free two day shipping. But I like to buy local ( easier to return and if there are any problems much quicker to solve) so the taxes weren't an inconvenience.

http://gearshop.dpreview.com/canon-eos-70d-dslr-camera-kit-with-ef-s-18-135mm-f3-5-5-6-is-stm-lens/dp/B00DQSV6UQ?childAsin=B00DMS0LCO

Good Luck.

I also try to buy at BB if the price is the same as Amazon. I've gotten 3 tablets and 2 smartphones there in the past 6 months. However, I would probably buy the camera at Amazon. The reason is that Amazon's return window for a defective camera is 30 days, while the return at BB is only 15 days. I can easily completely test a tablet in a couple of days and use it a lot during the 15 days, but I wouldn't get as much test and use time for the camera. I would rather have the 30 days to completely test the camera.

As far as sales tax, I have to pay it on Amazon because I live in NY.

needmoretoys's gear list:needmoretoys's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Olympus XZ-2 iHS Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow