Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Michael L NYC 99
Contributing MemberPosts: 520Gear list
Like?
Re: Hoboken, Brooklyn and over the East River
In reply to yyr, 5 months ago

yyr wrote:

All great shots again - that second one should be on a postcard

I'm going to have to start saving for one of the Voigtlanders or you are going to have to stop posting those photos. Do you use it at all for daylight or only at night? It's quite heavy isn't it?

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

Thanks Yaelle

I haven't done much day shooting of late, but I typically do not use my Voigtlander for day photography. The characteristic I like best about my Voigtlander is the way it renders bright lights (starbursts) and that's mainly applicable for night shots. It is a heavy lens and the metal absorbs all the cold in the winter, so it's tough on bare hands when it's cold. I usually have a tripod for night shots, so handling the camera isn't that much of an issue for me. I do feel a bit like a pack mule though with the tripod and camera bag in tow.

The Voigtlander 17.5 is my favorite lens now, but I'm thinking of getting the 25 also. If Voigtlander made an ultrawide, I would jump on it.

Regards

Michael

-- hide signature --

See my Flickr photostream here Michael.Lee.Pics.NYC

Michael L NYC 99's gear list:Michael L NYC 99's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow