Banding : Lightroom related?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
noyo
Contributing MemberPosts: 639Gear list
Like?
Re: Sensor
In reply to CeleryBeats, 5 months ago

CeleryBeats wrote:

I have noticed this issue on several other images. It heavely depends on the light and subject. Some of my 6400 iso shots didn't have this as much for example.

Based on the thread title I initially thought you had a problem with brightening an under-exposed shot as this has been the well discussed classic reason for the sort of thing often called banding.

I had to look very hard but I could see some very slight banding on your image as initially posted, but it is there. The one you have subsequent posted makes it obvious, although as stated this used to be considered an issue with brightening up under-exposures.

I had a look at several of my own images taken recently on my own X-M1 with black to white gradients and including some ISO 200 and several ISO 6400 shots.

I compared SOOC jpegs, Silkypics jpegs from RAW and LR5 jpegs from RAW. I cannot see anything resembling what you have.

I played with the levels to brighten up the dark areas and I cannot see what you have.

I now suspect that your sensor is suspect, albeit only very slightly, and would be tempted to send a copy of your images to Fuji to get their opinion.

-- hide signature --

Norman Young
www.noyo.co.uk

noyo's gear list:noyo's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-M1 Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow