Epson 1400 printer and CIS, Tubes banging and twisting resolution and cleaning of printer

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marni
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Epson 1400 printer and CIS, Tubes banging and twisting resolution and cleaning of printer
5 months ago

I wanted to share my fix for this problem. After getting the incredibly  rude runaround from Leo at Inkjet fly when I raised some issues about color issues and the tubes banging on the underside of the printer, I decided to modify the printer itself and cut out the section on the housing on the left side (if you are facing the printer) and then raising the tubes above the clip assembly (blue tab). My husband had to make one out of wood as the blue one that came with the CIS broke. Worked perfectly and no more twisting or banging. It runs back and forth perfectly. So, first problem solved!!  Now, as far as the color profiles he say's works with Costco paper, his profiles are not right, they were purple casted.   I invested in the older model of the Spyder 3 print and got a beautiful profile and now all is working well. For me, I am not a professional photographer so the perfect print is probably not as important as a professional , but as long as I get a reasonable print with good flesh color, I am a happy camper. I had a few issues with the profile, but Data Color has been wonderful and is in the process of helping me resolve the dark prints and I am sure that soon everything will be easy when I print my photos.

I was also getting a overspray or stippling effect on my print out for profile, and couldn't figure out what was going on. It looked like little tiny black dots, giving a cast to the color. I did a web search and found out about a little known "wiper blade pad" that is in the printer that is designed to clean the jets. The YOU TUBE video showed how to clean that blade and it also worked perfectly, no more spatter, the blade was full of ink so no wonder.  I cleaned the entire roller system by spraying windex on a paper and run it through a few times. I cleaned the pads as well by using windex on a cloth and sopped up all the ink on the entire floor of the printer. Now it all looks perfect.  I just wanted to share this those struggling with this, hope it helps someone.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow