New Sigma supertelephoto lenses coming in 2014?

Started Aug 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
KnightPhoto2
Senior MemberPosts: 1,346Gear list
Like?
Re: New Sigma supertelephoto lenses coming in 2014?
In reply to Bobby Handal, 6 months ago

Bobby Handal wrote:

I own the 300-800mm and compared it side by side with 500mm vr and with 200-400mm vrI and the IQ is comparable, the color rendition is a little "yellower" than the nikons, but I think that this happens with all sigmas. Regretfully the 300-800mm does not have OS, and also it is huge and heavy. I also own the 50-500mm OS and it is nothing to sneeze at.

Now having said that, if Sigma came out with light weight fixed lenses like a 600mm or 800mm with OS, that also had closer focusing capabilities , at a aggressive price, I think they would sell a lot of them. Zooms say a 200-600 perhaps.

Anyway, the more bigger lenses are out there catering to nature/sports photographers the better.

-- hide signature --

www.photoexpedition.net
www.fotoclubhonduras.com

So at 500mm the Sigma 300-800 is comparable then?  Also, how is it at 600/800mm?

Yep, a light-weight Sigma 600mm f/4 (or f/5.6?) sharp fast prime would be a killer on the market. If Sigma comes out with a big heavy lens though, it really wouldn't appeal to me.  Weight along the lines of the Canon II super-teles would definitely catch my attention.

-- hide signature --

Best Regards,
SteveK
'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/119002

KnightPhoto2's gear list:KnightPhoto2's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Nikon 1 V3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow