Which of these pictures was taken with which camera? :)

Started 6 months ago | Polls thread
Alan Brown
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,668Gear list
Like?
agree..
In reply to Michael Jardine, 6 months ago

Michael Jardine wrote:

Astrophotographer 10 wrote:

I would've picked A and D based on B and C are a lot noisier at 100%.

Still fairly close overall.

I think the point is while we agonise over minute differences in our cameras they all are pretty hot these days. Its a super competitive market so they have to be if they want to survive.

Greg.

In my opinion, it matters less what the pixel peeping tells you, and more what (as one of our other forum posters suggested) the thumbnail tells you. And to me, that's less a function of the inside of the camera, and more a function of both the photographer, AND the 'outside' of the camera. By this I mean, if the camera FEELS GOOD in your hands, and its controls seem intuitive to YOU, and if it's a camera that you will enjoy taking with you everywhere you'll go - then you are bound to take better photos with it.

Forget the pixels.

I put the  composition above gear any day. I know an artist friend of the family. She is happy to use any point and shoot camera; is not bothered with the tech specs and doesn't WANT to know or learn them. Her shots are amazing.. she sees things instinctively.

Sure she could produce better prints with better cameras.. but they would get in her way.., she is 78 BTW and beyond gear talk.

-- hide signature --

Michael
www.Qamera.com

-- hide signature --

There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.' :'!':

Alan Brown's gear list:Alan Brown's gear list
Nikon 1 J2 Nikon D600 Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow