ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TRP
TRP
Contributing MemberPosts: 616
Like?
Sigma 400mm Telemacro Questions
2 months ago

Currently, for reach, I use the Sigma 170-500. However, browsing lots of forums, the 400mm telemacro has definitely caught my eye. Although hard to find, it seems that it will provide higher IQ if I can get my hands on one. It will also reduce the size and weight of my rig a bit.

That being said, several reviews also stated that it performed very favorably with the sigma 1.4x and 2x TCs with little or no loss in IQ. Has anyone tried this with the Pentax 1.7x AF adapter? Is this adapter on par in quality with the Sigma TCs?

If so...the burning question....did this provide some AF capability with this lens? If the answer is "yes", this may be my new favorite setup for long reach if I can find both for sale somewhere. If not, do you have struggles with action captures (birds in flight, animals running, etc) as a MF lens? I have never shot dedicated MF for long range telephoto.

-- hide signature --

www.greinerstudio.com
---
Pentax K5
Sigma 8-16 f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM
Pentax SMCP-DA 40 f/2.8 ED Limited Edition
Pentax D-FA 100 f/2.8 Macro WR
Sigma 170-500 5-6.3 Apo Asph F/px-af

Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow