High quality compact to complement M4/3 system - any thoughts?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Linda F
Regular MemberPosts: 375
Like?
Re: High quality compact to complement M4/3 system - any thoughts?
In reply to NewGirlLiz, 5 months ago

Liz,

Some questions you need to ask yourself.

1: what does convenience mean to you, eg size ( this is the biggest question)

2. Do you mind, or want, to change lenses

3. What do you shoot or need to shoot when you have your convenient camera

4. What sort of focal range do you need

5. Can you manage without a viewfinder

I had DSLR, I now have M4/3, a Panny FZ200, and this week a Stylus 1 (Maybe I'm too wealthy also!). Until this week, my most grabbed camera was the Panny, it will be interesting to see if the Stylus takes over. The FZ does the lot from macro, especially with a close-up filter attached, to long telephoto. Its downside is that it's a bit on the bulky side. I did have a Panasonic LX7, brilliant little camera, but I can't cope without a viewfinder of some sort.

I suspect I'll get bitten for this, but I believe we are becoming obsessed with quality and kit, and believe me, I'm just as bad! One small package with no lenses changes or extra bits to worry about is fun and can be very liberating. To me, convenience is not having to change lenses, or work out what I'm going to need, it's about having something to hand that can do the lot. You need to go to a store and handle some of this stuff if you can as it makes a huge difference. Personally, I found the  Sony far too small although I have small hands. There is so much choice these days it makes things quite difficult, although anything you get will be able to produce good photos.

I hope you find something you'll enjoy.

Linda

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow