Should I upgrade to XT1 from XE1?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
wyldberi
Senior MemberPosts: 2,260Gear list
Like?
Re: Should I upgrade to XT1 from XE1?
In reply to bobvarakrit, 6 months ago

bobvarakrit wrote:

Agree with your opinion to the certain extent. I am planning to spend as much time with XE1 as i can before I go to Japan, to prepare myself not only for the trip but also for future use with XE1. But, the question is once i learn its full capability, would i be able to take a picture of my kid without any hiccup or miss, just like i can with my dslr?

Im not saying that upgrading to XT1 will make me a better photographer, no. I'm just asking if i should make an upgrade to XT1 before I go to japan so that i would minimize the chance of missed shots.

I think i should have been more specific.

looking toward to your inputs.

dSLR's have special circuitry the enables them to so rapidly. While Fuji has greatly improved the AF functioning of the X Trans cameras, I don't believe they will be able to compete until a similar, dedicated AF circuitry is added. The AF pixels added to the sensor in the X Trans2 help in locking onto a target, but I don't believe they improve the overall AF speed.

What did photographers do before AF was developed? They found other ways to capture moving subjects. When we reach the limits of our equipment's ability, we can get rid of it and go buy something else that may or may not help, or we can accept things as they are and take it as a challenge to find a way to do better than our equipment can do alone.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow