Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BRN KNG
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Fujifilm X-T1 Learning Curve
10 months ago

I'm coming from a D600 in which I did most of my shooting in Aperture and Shutter Priority modes. I'm familiar with Manual mode, and spent some time working in it. But most of the time I used an Auto shot to guide me as to where to begin making adjustments. I'm interested in going mirrorless and I'm 90% sure I'm going to go with the Fujifilm X-T1 over the Sony A6000 (Nex 6 replacement).

However, I'm interested to know if anyone can tell me how much difference the shooting experience will be for me now that I'll have to do more manual control.

Also, are the changes to the iso, shutter, aperture and exposure reflected in the viewfinder and/or lcd to give an accurate prediction of what the shot will  look like? If that is a feature, I think it will help me learn how to make manual adjustments better than the "shoot and see" learning curve that comes with optical viewfinders.

I'm going on a vacation in which I really want to capture some great images. Do you think a month of shooting with the X-T1 would be enough practice with the camera? Also, after I gain some degree of familiarity with making manual adjustments, how much longer will each shot take compared to the time it take a D600 in Aperture Priority?

Thanks

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow