4K video, Sony has just lost a good PR opportunity

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ronfab1
Regular MemberPosts: 392
Like?
Re: 4K is just a gimmick like 3D and curved TV's ?
In reply to Sonyshine, 8 months ago

Sonyshine wrote:

I'm not convinced that 4K is the next 'big thing'

Until global broadcasters have lots of 4K content and more critically - the means to broadcast 4K -then nothing will drive the purchase of 4K TV's and therefore no-one will have anywhere to view their 4K videos....

I suspect 4K will be like 3D.

The TV manufacturers will make a huge fuss about it.... and the public will take little notice.

Of course no-one is going to mind having 4K in a camera - I guess its just a bit of possible future proofing - but many cameras have 3D abilities and I bet almost no-one uses it.

Yeah until you see your 4K video you shot with a great still camera on a kick ass large 4K flat panel display or projector. I was in Fryes a couple days ago just mesmerized by some new 4K demo motion footage and also STILL images. 70" LG and 65" Sony. Of course they were in torch mode and not calibrated. Even so…… holy crap it looks fabulous up close. And don't let anyone tell you you can't tell 4K from beyond normal viewing distance. I had NO doubt when 4K was on from the demo loupe vs 1080P from at least 20' away and I'm just 20/20 glasses corrected, nothing special. Yeah you can't resolve it all from back there but so what you still know it is a more solid and real looking image.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow