Your opinion on Blu-Ray?

Started 7 months ago | Polls thread
ABA DABA
Senior MemberPosts: 2,961
Like?
Re: I'm a "pack rat" ;-)
In reply to Jim Cockfield, 7 months ago

Jim Cockfield wrote:

IOW, since I do move my "keepers" to separate folder anyway, I could back those up to Optical Media, versus trying to backup everything.

But, from my perspective, you never know when you may want to find a photo you missed during the culling process and use it at some point in the future (especially since photos you may have thought were trash may be salvaged with newer software with more advanced algorithms in the future).

So, (right or wrong), I keep everything; and using physical hard drives makes that easier; as it would be far too much trouble to burn everything to optical media and try to keep track of it; versus using physical hard disk drives that can hold a *lot* of data in a very small physical space.

-- hide signature --

JimC

AAHHHH, a guy after my own heart, I too keep everything, never know when whatever is saved might be needed, a 4-40 screw or a few roofing nails, heck I even still have 100feet of Kodak color film in the fridge still in the cans. Is it any good, I don't know. But I may try loading some canisters to find out.

-- hide signature --

ABA DABA

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow