ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
southwest aero
Junior MemberPosts: 42Gear list
Like?
5DmkIII for aerial photography
6 months ago

Hi all,

I'm trying to settle on a new body for my aerial photography. Getting more serious commercially and artistically. I've previously used a D7000, which was good. When it was released, I upgraded to the DF. It produced some great images but I couldn't get used to the operation, so I sent it back to amazon. I even tried the OMD EM-1 and found it fell short when focusing at infinity, and wasn't that sharp.

If I switch, now is the time. I bring this up because it seems like the 5d3 may be a good fit. The hi res D800 I've heard tends to blur when handheld in this type of shooting situation (high vibrations, unstable platform in the aircraft). The D4 is a bit out of my range and the D610 has it's own issues.

I've preordered the Fuji X-T1, but I'm having second thoughts about going back to apsc sensor, even if everything else seems perfect.

Has anyone here used a 5D3 in aerial photography or similar situation ? Any insight would be great.

southwest aero's gear list:southwest aero's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony Alpha 7R Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2,8/21 Sony FE 55mm F1.8
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D4 Nikon D610 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow