Where have all the Focal-reducers gone? (with apologies)

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
DWMurf
Senior MemberPosts: 1,027Gear list
Like?
Re: Where have all the Focal-reducers gone? (with apologies)
In reply to EinsteinsGhost, 9 months ago

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

DWMurf wrote:

I also wonder why there are no adapters for OM to FD mounts so that I could use an FD focal reducer for both.

-- hide signature --

David

I'm guessing there aren't any OM-FD adapters because the difference in flange distance is only 4mm between the OM and FD mounts, making an adapter difficult to impossible.

In these cases, I would pick SB on EF mount and use adapters for OM and FD lenses. Thats my plan with A-mount version too. Contax Zeiss lenses convertedto either A-mount or M42 screw mount.

That leaves only 2mm for the OM to EF mount (although they are plentifully available) and the FD to EF mount (also readily available) would require a lens for it to focus to infinity, that on top of the focal reducer lens. I have no idea what the image quality may be or what mechanical problems may be encountered with these combinations.

Are you saying an A-mount to NEX focal reducer is available?

-- hide signature --

David

DWMurf's gear list:DWMurf's gear list
Corel PaintShop Pro X4 Utltimate Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX30V Sony Alpha NEX-3N Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Rokinon 8mm f/2.8 UMC Aspherical Fisheye +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow