Getting a Grip on the 4K Video Conversation

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
D200_4me
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,407Gear list
Like?
May be of interest to some working pros and video enthusiasts, sure...
In reply to G Sciorio, 8 months ago

People that truly need or are interested in a workflow like that will be smiling....but for me and lots of other people who are simply enthusiasts (and yes some pros too that still focus on stills), I just can't imagine working with those massive video files if I were to only shoot video and grab my stills from the video files.  There's no way I'd ever want to do that.

Yes, of course it will be great for people that really do need or want to shoot video in a meaningful way and even grab their stills out of the video files, but I personally would rather have my raw still photo files to work with.

You know, I almost feel like I'm having to defend myself for enjoying shooting stills and only using video for personal use like misc family stuff.   I really don't like being made to feel like I'm behind the times and not enlightened on the whole video scene.  I had a well-known hybrid photography personality invite me to join his team about a year ago (you know who it is because I think you've contributed to his web sites as well, if I remember right ) and I ended up declining because I just couldn't do it and feel comfortable with it.  Why?   Because  it just doesn't interest me enough and if I'm not really interested in something, I think it would be hard to be really good at it and be an ambassador for it.  I was flattered that he offered me the opportunity, but in the end, I'm most happy with my old-school stills.

Having said that, I personally don't have any interest in the GH4 and its great video functions, but I know it will be great for people that do truly need it.

-- hide signature --
 D200_4me's gear list:D200_4me's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Olympus E-M1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow