Getting a Grip on the 4K Video Conversation

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
xerophytenyc
Regular MemberPosts: 286Gear list
Like?
Re: OP: where are some GH4 clips and what are your system specs?
In reply to jkoch2, 9 months ago

Do you edit with Premier or FCPX? If you apply an effect, or recode, how many frames render per second?

How many minutes of clips can you put on an edit timeline before the project navigation slows to a halt or becomes unstable?

Is a retina display large enough to perceive any difference between 1080p and 4k without a magnifying glass or very young eyes at 7" distance?

People are already working with Prores and other formats in similar and higher bit depths than the GH4 200Mbps so I don't see where PC's are a limiting factor.  As for myself I convert GH3 2k video in Resolve to a 455Mbps intermediate for working in an NLE and I don't have any problems.

If 4k can be downsampled to 1080 and the result can be close to true 2k resolution, we are making progress.  I agree 4K delivery is still a long term reality, but improved 2K is for now.

xerophytenyc's gear list:xerophytenyc's gear list
Sony RX100 II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus Tough TG-2 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow