Your opinion on Blu-Ray?

Started 8 months ago | Polls thread
malch
Forum ProPosts: 10,679
Like?
Re: I don't have Blue-ray, don't planing on buying Blu-ray
In reply to DuaneV, 8 months ago

DuaneV wrote:

Wow. Really? I think youre overthinking/making it WAY harder than it is. When I back up to it, I drag and drop the folder, name it, burn it, lightscribe a label on it, put it in an envelope and store it. It literally takes 2 minutes of my time because I can do other office work while the disc is taking 10 minutes to write. Id rather have a box of Blu Ray discs than a box of hard drives.

I think this is quite a lot of hassle. But it's worse than that. My folders aren't all the same size. In some cases a folder might span multiple disks. In others, multiple folders will fit on one disk. So that has to be managed. So does the physical storage. I've tried managing a large collection of music CD's and movie DVD's -- it was a serious PITA. Now, they all fit on a single USB disk drive. It's wonderfully easy! Of course, I have two copies of that drive for backup.

And what about integrity verification of those optical disks from time to time? Handling a handful is okay but when you have 100 to 1000 it's completely unworkable as far as I'm concerned.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow