High quality compact to complement M4/3 system - any thoughts?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
tlburnes
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Re: High quality compact to complement M4/3 system - any thoughts?
In reply to NewGirlLiz, 5 months ago

How about an E-PM2 (or E-PL5) with the new Olympus collapsible 14-42EZ lens? You'd have essentially the same sensor as in your E-M1, could use all your lenses on either camera, with in body image stabilization, and would have familiar Olympus menus and controls on both, especially the Super Control Panel.

If you'd like a viewfinder you could add the cheap but competent VF-3, removing it when not needed for a smaller package. Add a small fast prime at some point, like the 17mm f1.8 or the new 25mm 1.8 and by carrying that along with the E-PM2 with the EZ lens you'd have good low light capability and maximum image quality when needed.

Used with the very good Olympus digital zoom the EZ lens gives you a 35mm equivalent reach of 168mm.

If you're like me you'll find yourself taking the smaller camera often since you'll give up little in terms of image quality in most circumstances but have a much smaller, lighter and less obtrusive package.

I also use an XZ-2 when I want just one piece of equipment and like it very much. A bargain now at $299.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow