Df: not the perfect camera ...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 3,452Gear list
Like?
Re: Groundswell
In reply to ravduc, 2 months ago

ravduc wrote:

Agree with your assessment. The more I handle and use the camera, the better it gets. Probably the same for most of us.

There are some who can't understand this or think owners and reviewers are saying it because we already bought one.

But I never got used to the D600 (tried one for quite a while) and I still prefer the D700 handling to my D800. I own and love the D800 but I'm not pretending it's perfect just because I own it.

The Df is now my pick for best handling DSLR. After many years of DSLRs handling and feeling the same many folks pick it up and don't get it. That makes sense. It's a very different feeling camera. It feels more like a P7800 (though much larger) than the plastic blobs we're all use to.

Of course I can do well enough with any of these designs; it's just that the Df feels best. It's the first sensibly sized flashless camera.

Cheers,

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow