Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Wayne Larmon
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,251
Like?
Selecting AF points on 6D?
7 months ago

I just got a 6D and I'm confused about selecting AF points (compared to my 60D). The 6D manual says on page 94 (of my PDF):

Note "the selected AF point will be displayed in the viewfinder and on the LCD panel. Which is how it works on my 60D. But on my 6D, I never see the focus points on the LCD. I see them in the viewfinder and I can select them when looking through the viewfinder. But I am used to setting them by looking down at the LCD. So I can get the camera set up the way I want it before lifting it to my face.

And another issue is that selecting the focus point doesn't stick. Because I know that the center point is the best one, (I have been wallowing in "shooting in candle light", now that I can) I've been usually setting it to the center one. But I get flummoxed when I see that the AF point has moved to some other point. I never had the AF point change by itself like this on my 60D (or T2i, XTi, 20D, or 300D.)

I am usually in Av mode.  And am always in "one shot" mode.

What am I missing?

TIA.

Wayne

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow