Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jerry1
Contributing MemberPosts: 710
Like?
Need Opinion on 2010 iMac and Photoshop CC
7 months ago

I am using a mid 2010 iMac with the following specs: 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 with 4 GB Ram, 256 MB Vram and OS X 10.9.1. I know this is low on the totem pole for power. My question is if it is enough to run Adobe Photoshop CC. I have read their specs and it meets everything except for the 256 MB on the Graphics Card. They have 512 as min and 1GB as recommended. I think I could possibly run it but just not have 3D but since I'm only interested in photography would that really matter? I plan to upgrade my ram but not sure if that would be enough to make the difference. I know I have thirty days to cancel but would like to have some idea before even trying it. So, if any of you have been through this I would appreciate your input. I don't want to argue the for and against Creative Cloud. I have tumbled that around in my head for enough but since it is on special again at $9.99 I am thinking about it if, and only if, I can run it comfortably on my system. Can't afford to buy a new one at the moment so a ram upgrade is all I can do. I also posted this on the Retouch Forum but no replies so thought maybe someone here might be able to offer their opinion. Thanks for any help. btw, I'm using a trial of LR 5 at the moment and it seems to run okay but can sometimes get a little slow depending on what I'm doing. Also I don't do a lot of batch processing or store tons of photos on my computer. I have external hard drives for that. Thanks again.

May God give me humility, tolerance and forgiveness that I may go through each day without hurting or offending anyone.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow