Selling the XE2 way too slow for me.

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
felixjlai
Forum MemberPosts: 76
Like?
Re: Selling the XE2 way too slow for me.
In reply to jjcpa, 9 months ago

I love my X Pro 1 and very much prefer it over my 5D3. Predominantly due to size and very accurate AF. However getting AF to lock in lower light is another matter all together.

The XP1 does have laggy EVF and probably not the greatest of AF. It makes shooting my 2 year old son indoor quite challenging at times and I am not sure anyone can strongly say the AF is good enough for moving kids especially at the longer focal lengths. I don't do too badly but have missed some golden moments which would not be missed with SLR (to be fair, I probably wouldn't have lug around the 5D3 so those golden moments would have been lost all the same)

While the Op is for referring to XE2, he is raising a valid point. Fuji AF and EVF isn't the best of bunch although EVF seem to be addressed in the new XT1 from all reviews. There is no need for these "point and shoot" or "not good photographer" comments. If we told Fuji their AF is "good enough", they may not have incentive to improve!

Someone will probably pipe in with comment about HCB not needing AF to take a good picture. Fact is, I am not HCB so I need all the help I can get.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
HaNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow