Your opinion on Blu-Ray?

Started 8 months ago | Polls thread
malch
Forum ProPosts: 10,579
Like?
Re: Your opinion on Blu-Ray?
In reply to bronxbombers4, 8 months ago

bronxbombers4 wrote:

nah DVD is bad and streaming is worse than a joke (streaming uses up most of the internet bandwidth in the U.S. and for that we get higher broad band bills each month and people get crappy video and audio, such a waste compared to physical media, save the bandwidth for streaming sports and youtube video or whatnot that would never end up on physical media instead)

I don't disagree with you.

I don't especially like optical disks or streaming. So, how about being able to download (not stream) a movie in almost any quality you like (incl. full BluRay)? And then play it on pretty much any computer or TV that you like, where you like, when you like? That's exactly what I want.

Technically, it's all 100% viable. Unfortunately, the only people offering that service are the illegal piracy sites. But they are doing it and all of the technology works.

I'd much rather download to a shared hard drive than purchase an optical disk and then spend time ripping it. But it's not a legit option.

The entire entertainment segment sucketh. Who actually wants to subscribe to 150-300 cable channels for the 5 you actually want to watch now and again?

Despite the relatively poor quality, I do subscribe to Netflix because it's convenient and I consider the $8/mo fee very reasonable (unlike the $80/mo that my local cable operator wants).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow