Which of these pictures was taken with which camera? :)

Started 5 months ago | Polls thread
wisep01
Contributing MemberPosts: 913Gear list
Like?
Re: Which of these pictures was taken with which camera? :)
In reply to wasserball, 5 months ago

wasserball wrote:

Nexu1 wrote:

I really believe this is a horrible test.

That said, there is a very clear noise difference in photo's A&B. A is much cleaner. If A isn't the D800 then there's a conspiracy

I think it is legitimate. This is how we use our cameras in the real world. Take your pick and shut up. To me, I don't care. I have neither cameras. I shoot with what I have and I am OK with the way the photos turn out.

If you think this is how "we" use our cameras in real-life, think again.

There is no equivalence here: the OMD E1 has a 2X crop factor, but has the f-stop been adjusted to ensure that depth of field is the same, as it would be in the "real-world?" Hardly. Both wide angle shots are at f/3.2. How real-world is that?

In the real world, would we not want to achieve the same depth of field? This would mean that the OMD-E1's image will have to be set at an aperture that gathers more than one additional stop of light (since consecutive stops are 1.414 factors of one another). For a FF f/3.2, the equivalent aperture on the E1 should have been set at 3.2/2 = f/1.6. It wasn't.

In such a scenario, for the d800 to produce less noise, it would have to be somewhere between at least 1-2 stops better noise performance for a given ISO.

Has the OP done that here? By all appearances, he has not. If this test isn't "real-world," that what is it?

wisep01's gear list:wisep01's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Kodak EasyShare P880 Leica Digilux 2 Nikon Coolpix S51c Olympus C-50 Zoom +125 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow