Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mike703
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,021
Like?
nice surprise: a DA70 fell into my lap
9 months ago

Yesterday I was in Cambridge for work.  My meeting finished early, so I wandered around in the drizzle, and happened upon a small camera shop called Campkins with a splendid collection of used / vintage bits and pieces in the window.  I went in for a browse and started chatting with the amiable staff about Pentax.  I was about to take my leave when I saw in a random pile on a high shelf a DA70 f/2.4 box with a sticker on it saying 'VGC £260'. I've been looking for one of these at a decent used price for a while but never got lucky on ebay... they let me try it on a K-01 body and all seemed fine.  It looked mint and as if the packaging inside the box had not been disturbed but it was apparently (barely) used.  So out came the credit card, and they gave me a 3-month warranty on it.

Finding any camera shop in the UK with Pentax gear in it is unusual - let alone one with the exact thing I wanted at a very good price.  What a nice surprise!  Now I have the complete set I always wanted (21/35/70 Ltds).  Sometimes I do like zooms, but other times... I'm looking forward to giving it a run this weekend if the rain holds off.

Best wishes

Pentax K-01
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow