SushiEater
Senior MemberPosts: 2,108Gear list
Like?
Maybe for you....
In reply to CAcreeks, 10 months ago

CAcreeks wrote:

malch wrote:

chillzatl wrote:

For movies, it's still the best thing going.

Maybe it is if you're a movie studio. From the standpoint of the consumer it pretty much sucks.

I agree with Malch here.

I do not want to own most movies. How am I supposed to rent a Blu-Ray movie nowadays? Wait for it to reach the top of my Netflix queue, then hope I am still interested when the BR disc finally arrives in the mail?

Much easier to select streaming on Netflix. Their UI is superbly friendly Who cares about surround sound and widescreen? Most shows are equally entertaining with low video quality.

But to me sound is equally important. I have 9.2 receiver and 10 speakers plus 80 inch TV. As you can guess I don't go to the movies anymore. It is much easier to buy BD, get it in the mail for less than 2 people go to movies (time, gas, tickets, food) plus ability to rewind (can't get that in the theater) and sub-titles. No, I can't get Dolby ATMOS at home but I can get close. Plus I can invite friends and have a party.

Can't get that with streaming and 5.1 system is a total crap compared to 9.1.

SushiEater's gear list:SushiEater's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow