NX30 buffer = Amazing improvement (and more)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 12,553Gear list
Like?
NX30 buffer = Amazing improvement (and more)
2 months ago

12 or so shots over 1.5 seconds with no lockup that I notice (will check some other functions later), and when the buffer is full, you can get a couple shots off every couple seconds, so it is a bit slow and I don't think write speeds to the cards haven't improved much.  More importantly though buffer size is much larger and camera is very responsive after burst, just don't hit "playback" button or you will get the dreaded "processing" screen. Using SanDisk Extreme UHS I card, 95 MB/s.

After shooting a burst of 3 or 4 shots, you do have to wait about 1 second for the camera to be ready again, so unlike some cameras you can't instantly start shooting again, but this isn't a long wait, I ran into the issue on the NX300 I would be waiting a few seconds for it to be ready.

Viewfinder, Techno, I don't think you are going to like the viewfinder, I believe it is sequential as I see some rainbows on text if I flick my eye rapidly (this is a non issue for me, but I know some are sensitive to it). Detail is very good.

Ergo

I think it is one of the best feeling camera I have held in my hand (grip). Excellent build quality (very rigid and quality composite body, yes, plastic, but good plastic), perfect grip. Viewfinder is a tad small and has some pincushion distortion. touch screen feels more responsive. Camera is really, really nice.

Remote Viewfinder

Yes, it finally works in RAW and other modes (PASM), and you can actually tap to focus. It is useful. Finally! And NFC works, never worked with my NX300, so I can tap and automatically open everything up. Maybe the radio is faulty in my NX300.

Charges over USB while shooting

I will update with more later, have to go back to work

My favorite model approves

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony SLT-A99 Sony Alpha 7R Sony Alpha 7 Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +7 more
Samsung NX30 Samsung NX300M
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow