Forum ProPosts: 10,392
Like?
Re: apples and oranges
In reply to forpetessake, 5 months ago

forpetessake wrote:

technic wrote:

forpetessake wrote:

viking79 wrote:

I think ease of design has more to do with field of view and entrance pupil size (focal length / f-number). The easiest lens designs I have seen which are very good are large format lenses. They are very simple lenses and don't need very high resolution (since the sensor size, film, is measured in inches).

I think in general smaller sensors are harder to design lenses for, as you have to start getting excellent performance at very large apertures to make them any good.

Very true. If equivalent lenses had the same or lower production cost/spec then smaller sensors were the winners. But the reality is that by increasing the sensor size the production cost/spec for equivalent lenses goes down.

Of course NOT; what would a MF equivalent of the Sony 4/24-70 cost?

You mean 48-140mm f/8 lens? Likely the same production costs. The question is whether there will be demand.

Lol...The 12-40 at f/2.8 (24-80 w f/5.6 DOF ONLY) has a much faster shutter speed than 24-70 f/4, and is sharp at f/2.8... considerably better than the 24-70 f/4...I cancelled the 24-70 f/4...like many others as it is a 28-60 f/8 just so it is sharp...

What would the FF version of a f/2.8 25-600mm equiv. superzoom lens cost?

What superzoom? The one with 5.6 crop factor? I.e. 25-600mm f/16 FF lens? -- very cheap, but they wan't manufacture it due to zero demand.

How about a FZ200 24-600mm EFL f/2.8 with a faster shutter speed than the 24-70 f/4 and much better for birding and close ups and moon shots?

Then add a Nikon TC-E17ED and it is effectively a 1020mm f/2.8 with fast shutter speeds and long tele...

Wanna see some that the Sony 7(r) 24-70 f/4  can't match with my FZ200?...lol...

-- hide signature --

--Really there is a God...and He loves you..
FlickR Photostream:
www.flickr.com/photos/46756347@N08/
Mr Ichiro Kitao, I support the call to upgrade the FZ50.
I will not only buy one but two no questions asked...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow