Selling the XE2 way too slow for me.

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
bowportes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,448Gear list
Like?
Re: Selling the XE2 way too slow for me.
In reply to wyldberi, 7 months ago

wyldberi wrote:

I own an X-E1. I will be adding an X-E2 in the next month or so, so I can't comment on any significant improvement. What I'm hoping for is improved ability to lock onto a subject in low-light conditions.

I was hoping for the same and tried the X-E2 for a week.  My experience was that it was much faster in brighter light because of the PDAF, but not that much quicker in low light than my X-E1, which doesn't perform badly after the latest firmware updates. In short, the X-E2 is billed as kind of an X-E1 on steroids, but I didn't find the steroids effective enough to warrant the upgrade cost.  Instead, I'm planning on upgrading to the X-T1 because it gives not only somewhat faster speeds (like the E2), but a tilting screen, much improved EVF, ISO dial, predictive focus tracking, etc.  With all of that, I think the T1 will be a worthy upgrade for me, while the E2 was not.

bowportes's gear list:bowportes's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm X-T1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
HaNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow