1w12q312qw1
Contributing MemberPosts: 732
Like?
Re: Your opinion on Blu-Ray?
In reply to kelpdiver, 10 months ago

kelpdiver wrote:

malch wrote:

chillzatl wrote:

I don't care about some moral stand against DRM. I'm talking audio and video quality and from that perspective Bluray is the best, hands down. It's not even close.

BluRay is just a bunch of bits read by a blue laser and encumbered with some inconvenient encryption. Nothing more.

Move the unencrypted bits to a hard drive, for example, and one can render the movie with exactly the same quality.

True, but really pointless statement.

Bluray is a standard, with resolution, bit rates, compression protocols, and yes copy protection methods. No different than DVD (which introduced region settings to media along with CSS), just substantially higher quality, and if you care, 3-D capability.

To reiterate to that other person's complaint, I've never had a compatibility problem playing blu-rays on any device I have. My oldest monitor is from 2007. My 2001 HDTV might have had issues, but I replaced the RPTV beast in 2006. It's not a compelling argument.

I've got 2 SONY BDs, a drive in my PC and the other with my 55" TV. The PC uses CyberLink Blu-Ray Suite software and I've never had a problem of any kind.

I don't know how long it will be around, but the quality is head and shoulders over common DVD.

Stan

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow