Getting a Grip on the 4K Video Conversation

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
David Kieltyka
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,431Gear list
Like?
Re: Getting a Grip on the 4K Video Conversation
In reply to G Sciorio, 10 months ago

I'm not convinced that future cameras will only shoot video, but I do expect it'll be the main thing they do. I'm totally cool with that. I love everything about 4k and have been doing my pic-taking over the past couple months with 4k display in mind. I've been shooting more video too.

IMO many folks are less than thrilled because Panasonic appears to be going in a direction that doesn't address their fixations. Measurbating, for example, doesn't provide the same kick when the pixel counts don't keep going up. Other folks fantasize about a camera with the E-M1's build quality & feature set but a US $700 price tag, and the GH4 clearly won't be that. Nor will anything else any time soon, of course... Still other folks are genuinely concerned that truly high-res electronic display will mostly kill off printing. How then can I justify my pixel obsession when I only need 9 million of 'em?! And lots of people, despite the fierce disruptive innovation in imaging over the past 15 years, just don't care much for change.

-Dave-

David Kieltyka's gear list:David Kieltyka's gear list
Leica M8.2 Pentax 645D Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow