Emount: 24mm Zeiss or 35mm Sony? - Review from ePhotozine!!

Started Nov 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
cdpinker
Junior MemberPosts: 44Gear list
Like?
Re: Emount: 24mm Zeiss or 35mm Sony? - Review from ePhotozine!!
In reply to gkstar, 9 months ago

I am split between the two as well. I have a feel the 24mm is a safer FL for me but have not tried the Zeiss yet. Though I have the 35mm 1.8 on my camera now and I like it quite a bit.

I did a few tests in low light with OSS on and off and find that with OSS I have a lot more keepers. I know the 24mm FL does not need OSS as much but I'm sure that FL difference alone will not help as much as an OSS would in lowlight. I wish the 24mm had OSS...

They say if the 24mm had OSS it would be much bigger/heavier. I don't quite understand that though as the 35mm is much smaller and does have OSS...?

Im choosing these lenses specifically for their ability to perform in low-light, and so regardless of the wide aperture you're always going to be trying to reduce noise, which means lower shutter speeds, in which case the OSS must come in handy. Even at 1.8 I often hit the dreaded 3200 ISO.

cdpinker's gear list:cdpinker's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow