Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
neilm16
Regular MemberPosts: 341
Like?
Is the Sony RX10 equal to Micro 4/3?
2 months ago

I did a quick comparison looking at DXO of the RX10, Lumix G6 and Olympus EM-5.

As a Panasonic Micro 4/3 owner I was really surprised that the Sony RX-10 has scored better  than the Panasonic G6 and is marked only a couple of points behind the Olympus EM-5! Especially given that previous so called bridge cameras have only managed scores in the low 40's and the RX10 is up just shy of 70!

I have been thinking for sometime that i would like to add some faster telephoto glass but at the moment the only choice seems to be the Panasonic 35-100mm f2.8 which is priced at over £900.

I am now wondering if rather than waiting for more glass options which I assume may help prices to reduce a little, although this is not certain, go for instead a whole new camera in the RX10!

I have read a number of reviews including imaging resource and cameralabs and they all seem to indicate that this camera is a bit of a game changer! Maybe it is what Panasonic could have achieved with the FZ line if they had stuck with the larger sensor approach!?

Be interested if anyone else is in a similar position and wondering what to do!?

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow