Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
NikonNature
Regular MemberPosts: 431Gear list
Like?
D4s Review by Ken Rockwell
5 months ago

First, I am neither bashing nor promoting Ken Rockwell's site. I just found the following to be interesting...

I did a google search for specs on the newly announced D4s and was surprised to see a review already posted on Ken Rockwell's site. This seems odd, since even Nikon Rumors had limited details and Nikon's official announcement did not list any specs. B&H has it listed as 'New item, not available yet' and also has no specs. Yet Ken's review has what appears to be full specs and he lists the sensor as 24 MP, while other sites suggest it will retain the existing 16 MP sensor.

Parts of the article look like a copy of the original D4 review (e.g.: comparison to the D3 and D3s), but other parts specifically say it is a minor upgrade to the D4. Just curious if Ken knows something the rest don't, or if maybe this article is a work in progress that should not be available to the public yet. A new camera pushing 24 MP at 10.5 fps seems like more than a slight upgrade.

Any thoughts?

NikonNature's gear list:NikonNature's gear list
Nikon D300S Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II
Nikon D3 Nikon D3S Nikon D4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow