Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Dennis
Forum ProPosts: 13,367
Like?
Re: P.S.:
In reply to technic, 7 months ago

technic wrote:

blue_skies wrote:

Who cares if Sony is Sony, if the product works as advertised?

I care, because to me (and clearly to many others, from reading the forums) the A7 is a bold move but still lacks on some important features and especially on 'refinement'. In its current state it is a niche camera IMHO. For many applications you have to believe that Sony is going to make that great lens line they promise (unlike with NEX),

Right. No need to be concerned about what Sony might do in the future if you're content to buy a $2000 camera and live with the 5 existing lenses or adapted lenses. If you want something else, you take your chances. I did that with NEX and it was a mistake. It's a risk with any brand, but I think a bigger risk with Sony than others (expecting them to make something you think is a reasonable addition to the system). FWIW, for the first 3 years of its existence, I would have felt the same way about micro 4/3 until Olympus finally started rolling out some interesting lenses, and when the f/2.8 tele zoom makes it to market, I'll finally consider the micro 4/3 lineup one that could replace a DSLR for me, so that's a long time in coming. I wouldn't buy into EOS-M or Nikon 1 ... or Samsung, until I saw the products I want. Fuji just jumped right in and rolled out a satisfying road map from the beginning.

But basically, the argument that the system is young and will grow holds no water for me. I wouldn't jump into a new system until I see what I want; I expect a lot of other people are in that boat, too; and the FE mount is pretty low on the totem pole in that competition.

Obviously personal opinion & YMMV.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow