Veteran MemberPosts: 7,528Gear list
Like?
Re: P.S.:
In reply to blue_skies, 5 months ago

blue_skies wrote:

technic wrote:

blue_skies wrote:

I get it, it is "made by Sony"

I owned many Sony products over the years, including three 3-CCD video cameras (still have one), the DSC-F505, DSC-F707, DSC-F717 (still have one), some smaller still digital cameras, several monitors and TV's, audio equipment etc. I worked professionally with many other Sony products. I think I know what I'm talking about. They are innovative, they have made many great products but there often is lack of commitment to the existing users / product lines. Maybe they are 'too innovative'

I share your experience - have several 'alike' Sony products too. Sony thinks in 'annual' cycles, not 'product life' cycles.

But throwing such comment on top of a technical argument is just trying to win an argument. Who cares if Sony is Sony, if the product works as advertised?

I care, because to me (and clearly to many others, from reading the forums) the A7 is a bold move but still lacks on some important features and especially on 'refinement'. In its current state it is a niche camera IMHO. For many applications you have to believe that Sony is going to make that great lens line they promise (unlike with NEX), that they will improve AF, work on shutter issues, bad video quality etc. Those issues  are not a problem for those who change gear every year or season when something better comes along, but I'm not one of them.

technic's gear list:technic's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow