Trip to the Airport (Nikon Dƒ, some long lensing, some street)

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Patrick McMahon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,197Gear list
Like?
Re: Trip to the Airport (Nikon Dƒ, some long lensing, some street)
In reply to InTheMist, 5 months ago

InTheMist wrote:

Patrick McMahon wrote:

i am particularly interested in the back story of your step son's interest in photography, My 6 1/2 year old wants a camera and I would love to share my intrest with him. I may pick him up a coolpix, any pointers are appreciated

For him, photography is a way to more deeply interact with his hobbies.

My stepson shoots exclusively automatic mode, and that's fine. I try to not bore him with photo blah-blah but I'll ask him, for example "don't you think that photo of mom would look better without so much sky over her head?" If he agrees, I'll show him how to crop it in camera. I try to make it a stress-free time.

My tip: Take your son to interesting places and activities that he likes, give him a camera and (very gentle) pointers as he goes. And even if he's not interested in photography, you'll get good shots and spend quality time with the kid.

-- hide signature --

It's more important how an image looks as a thumbnail than how it looks at 100%.
http://inthemistphoto.com

ITM- I picked him up a $15 coolpix on ebay and he has it attached to him - and also taking a bunch of photos of his lego creations Thanks

out taking pictures of the ice boats.

Patrick McMahon's gear list:Patrick McMahon's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow