Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
johncecilian
Regular MemberPosts: 228Gear list
Like?
You should get the Zeiss 24-70mm F4 for your Sony A7/7R
2 months ago

I have been reading the early thoughts on the Sony Zeiss 24-70mm F4 lens and was worried about whether I made a mistake getting it early from Japan rather than wait another three weeks to get it here in the US after I had the chance to read more reviews. But I have it and I like it and those pixel peepers who worry about whether the left or right corner of the frame may not be quite as sharp as the center portion should just take a pill and relax.

Usually I find all the hemming and hawing about this edge not being quite sharp enough at F5.6 or F4 or whatever these tests look at fairly entertaining because it always sounds like this forum is full of excessively anal retentive people who agonize over each and every pixel..."you know I looked at this photo at 300% and the lower left corner is just not that sharp"  "how can I possibly buy such a defective lens?"

Well I have a Nikon 800E and a zeiss 21mm 2.8 so I suppose I could match anyone pixel for pixel, but I got the Sony A7 because it was smaller and lighter and I got the new 24-70 because it was lighter and smaller than having to use the adapter and the zeiss 24mm 2.0 sony A mount lens or the zeiss 85mm 1.4 A mount with the adapter....both of those make the Sony A7 not so small anymore and quite frankly defeats the purpose of why I have the camera.

The new Sony Zeiss 24-70 is a nice size, pretty light, and seems to take excellent photos at both the short end and long end.  I have a retina display and have blown them up 200% and they still seem great. But that is just me...I am happy with my purchase.. my guess is you will be too, if you go out and take photos.

wow, glad I got that off my chest....hahahahahahaha

johncecilian's gear list:johncecilian's gear list
Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-E2 Sony Alpha 7 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G +5 more
Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow