blue_skies
Senior MemberPosts: 6,755Gear list
Like?
Re: P.S.:
In reply to technic, 5 months ago

technic wrote:

blue_skies wrote:

I get it, it is "made by Sony"

I owned many Sony products over the years, including three 3-CCD video cameras (still have one), the DSC-F505, DSC-F707, DSC-F717 (still have one), some smaller still digital cameras, several monitors and TV's, audio equipment etc. I worked professionally with many other Sony products. I think I know what I'm talking about. They are innovative, they have made many great products but there often is lack of commitment to the existing users / product lines. Maybe they are 'too innovative'

I share your experience - have several 'alike' Sony products too. Sony thinks in 'annual' cycles, not 'product life' cycles.

But throwing such comment on top of a technical argument is just trying to win an argument. Who cares if Sony is Sony, if the product works as advertised?

Besides, at the rate at which people seem to switch cameras, lenses, even systems, does anyone really care about brand name and long term support? I mean in MILC. I know professionals still do in terms of parts/body/lens replacement - being able to get a new camera in a few hours notice can be a big deal (FF Canon & Nikon shooters).

But why does this make the A7 inferior and the EM1 superior?

I think that the A7 is an exciting new direction, and the EM1 is a great evolution step. Different products on different curves.

But they are spoons and forks. Having a spoon when someone invents a fork is great. But saying that the fork is a bad invention, or that the fork company is not as good as the spoon company, is not understanding that a spoon and a fork are very different. Ideally, you'd use both.

(And please don't get into a-spoon-is-better-than-a-fork arguments, I don't care, I am trying to point out dissimilarities).

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 +30 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow