Canon doesn't really care anymore...

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
MarshallG
Senior MemberPosts: 1,491Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon doesn't really care anymore...
In reply to David_C, 5 months ago

Right now, global camera sales are falling dramatically. Canon's camera business is one of the industry's strongest, however, they cannot guide investors to believe that camera sales will increase in 2014.

I think Canon's camera business is over $1 Billion annually, and it's safe to say that they will continue to invest and innovate to maintain it. Just because $1 Billion in sales will only be $1 Billion next year, it doesn't mean you quit and let it fall to zero.

I observe that Canon takes two to three years to produce an innovative new camera. When manufacturers "spin" a camera with minor feature updates each year, it subtracts from their resources to produce something really better, such as last year's SL-1 and 70D. On the other hand, Canon will probably introduce far fewer PowerShot cameras in 2014. The market just isn't there.

-- hide signature --

Please forgive my typos. I often post from my phone, and it is difficult to edit mistakes after I post.

MarshallG's gear list:MarshallG's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
yes!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow