In search of image quality

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Michel J
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,009Gear list
Like?
Re: In search of image quality
In reply to JimmyMelbourne, 8 months ago

JimmyMelbourne wrote:

If you are planning on keeping the same camera and not go full frame then it makes sense to get primes to step up on image quality. The sigma 18 35 1.8 looks great but is not yet available, maybe in a few weeks time we will see it in Sony mount. I am waiting to see what the reports are like for it on the A Mount.

This lens is promising and the O.P. as enough lenses in this range in the meantime (I guess and if in search of IQ). Anyway, no matter if it's a FF nor APS-C, I don't see any lens what can beat this gem: edge to edge and wide open nor stopping down a bit ...except the ...kit-lens 18-55mm (I) given better than the CZ 16-80mm by Gary Friedman's book, and maybe take a try with the kit-lens II?).

-- hide signature --

Cordialement,
Michel J
« Having the latest gear is nice, but great photographers don't have to have it. They can shoot good stuff with anything »

Michel J's gear list:Michel J's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A37 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow