Why so many ppl want fast (big) zooms for their (smaller) csc?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tecnoworld
Senior MemberPosts: 4,107Gear list
Like?
Why so many ppl want fast (big) zooms for their (smaller) csc?
5 months ago

I'm a mirrorless user mainly for the reason that these cameras can produce a very good output in a smaller size than dslr (and with less overall weight of body+lenses).

If I didn't want to have a smaller size, I'd see no reason - for myself - to pay more for a mirrorless than for a dslr.

As a consequence, I also prefer fast prime lenses to fast zooms (for the size/weight).

In the last months, some mirrorless systems have, in the lineup, some fast zooms (fuji and samsung, but also m4/3 and sony a7).

I see many many users enthusiast of these, saying that those lenses will become their always on glasses.

Now, considering that they are huge lenses, I'd like to understand why those users chose a mirrorless camera.

P.s. I'm not saying that I don't see the use of a fast zoom in general. Just, I think it's not totally coherent with the present csc philosophy.

-- hide signature --

* Dear haters, you are now in my ignore list, so your hostile responses are probably not visible to me.

tecnoworld's gear list:tecnoworld's gear list
Samsung TL500 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX200 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +12 more
Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow