Selling the XE2 way too slow for me.

Started Feb 7, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ryan2007 Forum Pro • Posts: 12,001
You should look at Micro 4/3's first

Segaman wrote:

Going back to dslr, this camera is way too slow for shooting, unless you take a turtle doing a slow motion dance.
I will try to find something small that can do faster shooting.
Not sure what.....yet

If you want a fast mirror less camera you should go to Micro Four Thirds. I personally like Panasonic both bodies and glass over anything Olympus. The GH-3 is a great camera and they just announced the GH-4.

Anyway, AF and quickness like you need are in that system and you would not have to get a DSLR and larger lenses and potentially spend more money.

The only reason I switched from Micro Four Thirds to Fuji X is I approached this as a photographer wanting more manual control and at the same time a larger sensor. AF response was not critical to me.

Fuji X is the digital version of a manual film camera using Fuji slide film (E-6). Call it a photographers camera system.

Micro Four Thirds has very nice optics and some of the Panasonic glass uses a Leica formula. I have no problem to continue to highly recommend Panasonic.

It is worth a comparison to the DSLR you are looking for, but the small size still is very attractive in Micro Four Thirds as well.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
bzx
jrk
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow