OK I'll just look at M39 and OM glass.... No I won't...

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
jeffharris
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,620Gear list
Like?
Re: Your loss...
In reply to 453C, 8 months ago

453C wrote:

Lumixdude wrote:

What has me curious is a decent lens below 14mm. The price for the Olympus 12 just isn't cricket... I really do use the 22mm wde end of my LX7 a lot and the Samyang 10 isn't that great of a lens. The kit 28 is good, but if I could get a cheap 24mm equivalent or wider, even better..

The 2x crop factor of MFT can work to our advantage with telephoto focal lengths, but it makes it difficult to find adaptable wide angle lenses. If you really like shooting wide, you may be better off with a native lens, such as the Olympus 9-18. Not cheap, but keep an eye on KEH for a deal.

There are plenty of focal lengths that are still unavailable as native M4/3 lenses., which along with real aperture rings, manual focus and rendering quality are the main reasons I adapt non-native lenses. It also gives me the flexibility to experiment with other camera formats, like the Sony A7-series, and not have to buy more lenses.

There are enough excellent native M4/3 wide angles that it's not really worth adapting lenses, unless you're looking for special rendering and character like the M or L mount Voigtländer 12mm f5.6 and 15mm f4.5. Other wide angles in other mounts tend to be very big and extremely expensive, used or nor not.

jeffharris's gear list:jeffharris's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow