Veteran MemberPosts: 3,031Gear list
Like?
Re: Tried the A7
In reply to Cane, 2 months ago

Cane wrote:

Mel Snyder wrote:

Brian Caslis wrote:

Cane wrote:

You people are worse than a sewing circle. My God, the second someone doesn't say it's the greatest camera ever, the snippy old men come out of the woodwork to try and nit pick every word apart. He doesn't need to post examples, prove thesis, etc. It's an opinion! It doesn't have to be proven, or even scientifically correct. Now go feed your cats.

Then what is the purpose of posting it in a Sony forum unless he wants to antagonize people or be convinced otherwise? I don't go into the Canon forums and tell them their camera is not for me.

What is ridiculous is people who do those posts and then act like a victim and those who defend them.

Brian - my point was simple - Eric has thoroughly tested the A7 on his well-known blog and has taught us all how to use it. He's tested it with knowledge. This yahoo plays with it for a few minutes in a store and come on the Sony forum with his shallow, ignorant opinions.

Neither Eric or I were necessarily defending the A7 - he owns many cameras, as do I - I shoot with two D7000s and a ton of lenses, and have been debating going FF with either a D610 or an A7. I've held one for about as long as this character, but I lacked the timerity to form an opinion on it, much less come on the forum and criticize - or praise it, beyond it being much quieter and smaller than I expected. Oh, and an extraordinary EVF.

You buy a camera like an A7 because you believe it meets specific needs, based on research and the opinons of people with experience you respect. I've about decided for the A7 over the D610. If and when I purchase, trust me, I won't go to the Nikon or the M43 forums to declare my purchase or why.

You do realize that not everyone buys a camera like you do, mostly because they don't have the free time it seems that you do. You are analytic in your purchasing, I have to assume. Not everyone is. Not everyone is retired. Not everyone buys like you. And not everyone posts like you. And most people don't care.

1. I am not retired - I spend about 45 hours a week running a pharma/medical-device marketing consultancy with clients in the US and EU. I have a large LCD monitor where I can keep a window open on the forum, and pop in when I please. I'm also a lifetime insomniac.

2. I follow some very bright people here whose posts have greatly enhanced my ability to get better results with my current cameras, and to avoid making mistakes in buying new ones.

3. It takes less time to listen to knowledgeable people and do some research than it does to buy a camera without it and then come on the forum and bitch endlessly that the camera doesn't perform as fantasized. And blame Sony.

Mel Snyder's gear list:Mel Snyder's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow